FOCUS ON YOUR TIME:
Time is your most valuable asset. It is one of the few things in life that you cannot get back, but we tend to disregard its value the most. Furthermore, I realized that much of our stress, anxiety, and depression is rooted in the mismanagement of our time. Here are some things I've challenged myself to do, that I believe will help you this week.
- Take control. You're busy. You have a lot going on, and many times you feel that there aren't enough hours in a day. However, the problem is not that you need more hours; you just need to take control of HOW you spend your time. Stop making time for things that are not important. Make things that are important top priority. Work, things with deadlines, household responsibilities, spending time with your family, etc.. MAKE time for those things this week.
- Spend less time talking on the phone, watching tv, and scrolling on social media this week.
- Get yourself on a schedule this week. Try to go to sleep as early as you can, and when you wake up in the morning don't lounge around in your bed. Get up and get your day started!
- Intentionally inject some things into your schedule that make YOU better. Whether it is reading, or a few hours of self-care, MAKE TIME for you.
- Lastly, try to be ON TIME every where you go this week! Rushing increases stress, and decreases quality. I know, I know. I struggle with it too! But let's try to do better this week!
FOCUS ON YOUR SPACE:
Your environment dictates A LOT. Its not just your home; its your car, your work space, its the people you talk to on a daily basis, its the decisions you make every single day that determine who and what is around you. This week: CLEAN UP YOUR SPACE.
- Clean up all your spaces. Your house, your car, your desk, everything! I don't have to tell you that you'll feel better, because you know that. But when you clean up this time, don't let it get dirty! Focus on keeping your spaces clean.
- Clean up your relationships. Whether is shaky friendships, or toxic "situationships" - clear out any relationships that are not helping you. You don't have to do a dramatic speech, or have an argument. Just draw lines in the sand and move forward. If you have to block, do that too! (Listen, I'm the QUEEN of blocking.lol Sooo much peace comes after that!)
FOCUS ON YOUR MONEY:
Whew chile. Wouldn't more money solve all our problems? Probably not. A lot of times we think the problem is that we don't have enough, when in all actuality, we are mismanaging what we have. We are overspending on things we can't afford, not paying attention to what's coming and going, and blowing money on things that don't matter. This week, we are going to make some changes!
- Sit down and do a budget. You probably haven't done it in a while, but write out everything that is coming in and going on. Write down all the dates that things are due. Run the hard numbers to find out what is really going on. Many times that alone will scare some sense and discipline back into you!
- EAT AT HOME. This alone will save you a ton of money! Plan out all of our meals and snacks for the week, and go grocery shopping. Be sure to keep snacks with you throughout the day to avoid stopping. (Little things add up!)
- Try to eliminate some expenses this week. Whether is subscriptions that you don't use, or small bills that can be paid off, make it a point to clear out some bills this week. ( I eliminated almost $100 in recurring expenses last week!)
- Lastly, create a savings plan! Most people really struggle with saving large amounts of money, myself included! However, I started using an app last year that absolutely changed the game. It automatically takes small amounts of money out of your bank account daily and saves it for you. (The amount is according to your balance; if your balance gets low the number can decrease to as little as cents!) Listen... DOWNLOAD THIS APP! Thank me later!
Here’s the link:
Whew! Sometimes you don't realize how out of control your life really is until you start doing things like this to get in back in order... but don't worry. This time, when you get control, you're not going to lose it again!
I'm also going to be doing a detox this week, that I will be sending on via email. Make sure you're on my mailing list so you can get the info!
Thanks for reading and I hope this #focusfast blesses you as much as it has blessed me!